With the release of version 1.21 CanZE (Android version) is now officially a multi-language application. We have included English as default, and locales for Dutch and French. German is on it’s way. The language files are roughly 350 lines of XML. If there are volunteers who would like to see other languages added we would be very grateful and of course will be happy to include them. You can grab the complete English file here which contains as you know them, including untranslatable ones, and any of the other files (Dutch, French) as a template on how to format your language file.

The best way to get the file to us is by dropping it as an attachment to a new issue on GitHub.

Hi

Version 1.20 has been dispatched by Google’s Playstore, but I got noticed that it crashes on some devices. If you want to help or get some details, please go here:

https://github.com/fesch/CanZE/issues/407

In order to fix it, we need to be able to reproduce it, so reporting every setting of your device may help us! We introduced localized strings with this version, and probably this is the reason for the crashes.

Edit: On first glance, it seems to be related to the SD card logging, Fields option switched on. If true, switching it off is your temporary workaround until we have fixed it, but we would appreciate if you could report on the issue tracker above if this matches what you are experiencing.

Edit: hotfix (1.21) is being deployed now.

Version 1.16 is being rolled out, so stay tuned while Google approves the build 😉

Changelog

2016.10.11 [Jeroen] Refined length of prediction interval
2016.08.24 [Jeroen] Split ZOE into ZOE Q210 and ZOE R240 for battery prediction

All the hype has been over the new R90 an Q90 and there has been written so much about it, that we didn’t feel the need to add to that. Of course we would love to get our hands on a ZOE with a big battery, because we probably need to change at lot of graphs and most certainly the battery prediction model.

Speaking about the that, there is a release upcoming with major improvements in the prediction model. As a consequence, the car selection in the Settings screen will change to also distinguish between a Q210 and an R240, as the latter will top charging at 22 kW even when it is connected to a more potent charger. If you do own a R240, please do check the settings screen after the next release. Also, expect the Q90 and R90 to be included too pretty soon, which will use the exact same mathematical model, but with a bigger capacity. We have no idea if this is correct and time will tell.

Actually, we don’t even know if the ’90 models speak the same language on the CANbus, but we do expect that to be the case. Stay tuned. As always, once we’re ready to roll, we’ll publish an update note here, drop a new release in the play store and publish an APK file.

Most prominent change is the driving screen now showing braking torque, with the bar extending to the left, and an aiming point for maximal motor based braking. This is more of a feed-forward instead of the old feed back system with the red Friction Braking (avoid) bar now for you to peruse.

And of course there were a couple of strange bugs and spelling errors that we fixed.

Today’s release contains, among others, a few serious bugfixes. In the previous versions switching between the different screens filled up the field request list, which slowed down considerably the entire application. This has now been solved.

Another feature that has been added is that Main, Technical and Experimental fragments can now be accessed by simply sliding the entire page to the left of the right. You may also notice some graphical improvements.

Last big change I want to point at is the new Tires activity where those of you who have TPMS installed can read out the actual pressure of the 4 wheels.