Statistics revisited, with a focus on fixing errors
Four weeks after the first statistics post, a short update on the subjects touched.
- We’ve rolled out 2 new versions since. Well technically 3, but one was in error and superseded within an hour;
- Growth the usual 4+% over the last month;
- Massive (75+%) reduction in crashes and non-responsive states (ANRs).
- I speculate April will see more of the same as the version released just 3 days ago tackles again 9 of those issues. Our goal is to at least half the crash and ANR rate again.
- Three crashes after release are already fixed and committed for the next release, one of which is an issue that is very specific for Android 7.1. and one specific for Android 8.1.
We’re slowly heading into more esoteric territory where problems are less bug fixing and more avoiding platform issues on specific Android versions and/or on specific phones.
Please note that every single crash or ANR is anonymously reported through google *). While annoying do realize we investigate and almost always fix each and every one of them. The changelist is always available here.
*) if you didn’t disable that of course. Here’s Google’s wording on that verbatim:
You can view your app’s technical performance details collected from a subset of Android devices & OS versions, whose users have opted in to automatically share usage and diagnostics data. Learn more
I did not expirience any crashes lately but from last update, I have to reconect BT to get a full charging screen,R240, samsung galaxy s7
Hello Borut. Can you please leave an issue at https://github.com/fesch/CanZE/issues ? Please be as complete as possible, as I don’t understand what worked and what not initially. Screen prints do help. Thank you.