Next release coming up
We are close to releasing the next version, probably next weekend as we test for silly errors this week. Features:
- Multi-language is now possible, and added languages (Dutch, French, and we think we’ll manage German too. Thank you all volunteers!)
- Added a lot of diagnostics. This part still needs a lot of work. For some known ECU’s you now have:
- Real descriptions of DTC’s, something like “Battery voltage:value below threshold”;
- Dump of all diagnostic parameters to a file.
- Added a Climate screen;
- Changed the Firmware screen. This more expanded info is needed to import ECU definitions. More on that in a separate post later;
- Lots of bug fixes in graphs and layouts.
Under the hood things have massively changed too.
- Tons of cleanup, added comments and removal of old code;
- Simplified and improved our development chain;
- Improved and sped up existing code.
We’re still struggling with unstable Bluetooth and getting access to the BCB. We are working on both though.
Please note that this release of CanZE will ask for a new permission: Internet access. We use this only to have CanZE access a WiFi gateway (or a car emulator that uses the same protocol), see Developers geek talk . Regular users will probably never use this. Internet access is not used to send any data to the Internet. We have not implemented MQTT, we are not collecting any data, nothing.
Leave a Reply